Turning Point is seeking a full-time Primary Counselor holding a LCSW, LCADC that will provide comprehensive treatment services which will include assessment of client needs, individualized treatment plans, individual and group therapy and facilitation of appropriate discharge plans.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS INCLUDE:
- Assess client needs and provide each client with an individualized treatment plan.
- Conduct individual and group counseling sessions with clients.
- Present didactic sessions on chemical dependency and other related issues.
- Document individual and group counseling sessions using the D.A.P. method.
- Arranges for family members of clients to participate in the Family Program/Visitation.
- Perform family counseling as needed. Refer to Family Counselor or designee as appropriate
- Coordinate client’s medical treatment with medical department or outside facility as indicated.
- Act as Case Manager for assigned clients.
- Perform all reporting and record keeping in accordance with Turning Point policy.
- Participates in all clinical staff meetings.
- Participate in weekly supervision meetings and monthly Grand Rounds.
- Coordinate discharge planning for caseload clients in coordination with the assigned discharge coordinator or case manager.
- Responsible for knowing and enforcing Turning Point Policy and Procedure.
- Responsible for maintaining status of credentials and continuing education courses.
- Participates in Continuous Quality Improvement initiatives as directed by supervisor.
- Performs all other duties as necessary or as assigned by supervisor.
Attainment of credentials are required for this position such as CADC, LCSW or LCADC
Strong Knowledge of 12 Step Programs.
1-3 years counseling experience.
FOR MORE INFORMATION, visit our website at www.turningpointnj.org. Interested candidates may send resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org