Anderson House is seeking part-time female Residential Aides for weekends including the day and overnight shifts. Anderson House provides a wonderful space for women in recovery located in beautiful Whitehouse Station on a spacious property.
Anderson House is an established halfway house and transitional residence program serving women from all New Jersey counties. Anderson House is committed to serving all women regardless of their ability to pay. Everyone at Anderson House is dedicated to making it the premier program in the state. We take great pride in the work we do helping women build new lives for themselves and their children.
Preferred candidates in Hunterdon and Morris Counties but will consider candidates from other areas. Candidates are asked to provide schedule availability
- Resident support and supervision
- Driving company van/transporting residents to and from work
- Act as a positive role model for residents
- Act as an integral member of the clinical team by supporting clinical interventions and treatment plan goals.
- Monitor clients’ self-administration of prescription and over-the-counter medications
- Provide transportation for clients where and when indicated.
- Assist clients in the planning, purchasing and preparation of weekly meals.
- Educate and monitor client participation in Daily Living Skills.
- Respond appropriately to all crisis situations.
- May conduct groups as directed by supervisor.
- Conducts random drug screens when so directed.
- Keep accurate documentation regarding client responses and behaviors. Alert clinical staff to any significant occurrences.
- Assist when needed with admissions and discharges.
- Additional hours may be available
- Other duties as assigned
Anderson House Operations
Ensure that policies and guidelines are observed individually and collectively.
Act as the Food Safety Supervisor to ensure the safe handling and storage of food.
Complete incident reports of any unusual occurrences and submit to appropriate supervisors.
EDUCATION: Minimum High School diploma or GED required.
EXPERIENCE: Strong Knowledge of 12 Step Programs.
One-year experience working in a substance abuse treatment facility preferably with some administrative skills.
Valid license and satisfactory driving required.
Americans with Disabilities Act Requirements:
- Environments Demands and Exposures to Hazards: (OSHA Level - I)
Tasks that involve exposure to blood, bodily fluids, or tissues.
- Essential Physical/Mental Demands:
- Physical Demands: Must drive, be ambulatory; Must have visual/hearing acuity.
- Mental Demands: Must have verbal ability; Must be able to write legibly; Must possess dexterity, stand, sit, walk, lift and carry twenty pounds for short distances.
American with Disabilities Act Statement:
- External and internal applicants, as well as position incumbents who become disabled, must be able to perform the essential Job specific function (listed within each job specific responsibility) either unaided or with the assistance of a reasonable accommodation to be determined by the organization on a case by case basis.
- Manual Dexterity Required:
- Must be able to comprehend/interpret charts, diagrams, possess inductive and deductive reasoning.
- Must be able to comprehend instructions
For direct inquiries, contact Turning Point's HR Director at (973) 239-9400 ext. 153
Anderson House is a program of Turning Point Inc. and is an EEO Employer